Thursday 30 October 2008

I love this dress!

This one is a favorite of mine. For Heather's dress, I redesigned her mom's (lovingly handmade) wedding gown, which originally had a high necked lace bodice, long lace sleeves, and a straight, fitted skirt made from silk pebble crepe. The neckline became a scoop front and back. I found some matching ivory silk crepe to remake the bodice underlayer. I dismantled the lace sleeves and cut apart the lace flowers to scatter across a new sheer skirt layer (organza, gathered and full). The finishing touch--an ivory silk charmeuse sash informally knotted in the front. Heather was a good sport and did a little mini photo shoot with me in front of the beautiful doors of the First Presbyterian Church. It's steps from the shop--I walk by it every single day!--but I only recently noticed how lovely it is. At the last minute a stiff autumn breeze kicked up, so I also snapped a shot of the dress caught up in the gale. Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment