Tuesday 23 November 2010

Maribelle





Maribelle is a gem! I love working with her! Very relaxed and full of excitement!

She's a bride based in the United States who came here in Manila months before her wedding to prepare for the big day! Working with her was not really hard at all! Like what most brides do, she showed me pegs/photos of gowns she liked. However, she allowed me to do my own take! She wanted a modern, romantic and feminine wedding gown. I thought of something raw, unfinished, tattered but clean and polished! I used shredded fabrics for her skirt and 3D embroidered bodice. And to follow her request for a dramatic back, I did a "cherry blossom" inspired pattern at the back of her gown!

As of now, her wedding entourage was the most "RUSH" order I've had in my 4 years of designing! hahaha! I made all the dresses of her beautiful entourage for..............................3 days! YES! That's true! The girls sent me wrong measurements ;-( So instead of doing major repair, I've decided to just wait for them to arrive. God is good all the time! I would like to thank Him for guiding me. During the first fitting, there was NO REPAIR! Very, very minimal! Cheers to that! ;-) Her girls wore elegant cherry red dresses! Very Valentino shade of red! haha ;-) "to match the red lipstick of the bride that I realllyyyyyyyyyy love!"

















Photos by Oly Ruiz, Metrophoto

No comments:

Post a Comment