Friday 13 January 2012

Leanne



I really admire clients who have so much respect to their suppliers, and vice-versa. Doing projects such as weddings is stressful, exciting, and fun at the same time. I really want to thank Leanne for always believing in me. She's very patient, stress-free, generous, thoughtful, and understanding. More than anything else, I felt that she trusted me completely from start to finish. The "journey" to make the perfect dream wedding dress was not that perfect. There were times when I had to call her to reschedule our meetings and fittings, and she will understand.

I once told my fashion design students that being a designer is 90% hardwork and 20% glamour. Beyond the glitz and glamour of this profession is the reality that at the end of the day, our job is to make people happy by creating beautiful clothes.

First meeting with Leanne was really memorable. She mentioned that she was a fan of Project Runway Philippines Season 1, and she liked me. I was deeply flattered. ;-) Now, the real challenge was to make her dream wedding gown come true.



rough sketch of her dress.

2nd fitting (base)



I like the low back!

actual fitting, 85% finished

Super happy! She looked like a doll ;-)



the final product ;-)






Photos by Dominic Barrios
Coordinator: Teena Barretto, Hitched Weddings


No comments:

Post a Comment