Saturday 25 February 2012

Spanish Wedding Flowers

This week whilst browsing Pinterest I noticed one of our brides, Sue who got married here last year, pinning lots of South African wedding ideas. 

My stalking hat was put on and I as I repinned her pins I was intrigued as to what Sue was creating these lovely ideas for.  I am too nosey to stalk so sent Sue a message and it transpires Sue is helping a friend design her South African wedding for next year and the ideas they have are lovely including the clever use of animal prints for the cakes and detailing :)

The flowers for this inspiration are proteas, a tropical flower native of South Africa. This flower is named after the Greek God Proteus, who could change his form at will due to the fact there are such a wide variety of proteas.  This flower is also sometimes called a sugarbush which I thought was rather a pretty name!

I was intrigued that the colours this tropical flower naturally creates, a colour scheme with the pale silvers, gorgeous greens and the tones of orange are gorgeous. 

Using these flowers here are perfect for Spain as they of course can withstand the Mediterranean heat so perhaps not your vintage rose or peony but worth considering this style of flower if you are planning a wedding here in the hot summer.

Thank you Sue for your lovely inspirations this week and I am looking forward to the hen night themes :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment