Monday 20 February 2012

Veejay Floresca A/W 2012

I'm here in the business for 5 years and I still love what I'm doing.
Designing is my passion. It is exciting and very fulfilling especially when people appreciate what you've done.

Last week, I was honored to be chosen as the guest designer for Mega Young Designers Competition (YDC) Grand Finale at NBC Tent. This is considered to be one of the most awaited shows in Philippine Fashion. Many successful designers started their career when they joined this competition. Some noted designers are Rajo Laurel, Mich Dulce, Ivarluski Aseron, Aries Lagat and Furne One. I was a former finalist (Batch 2006) and to show again, as an alumnus, was another milestone for me. Thank you Mega for this opportunity, it's very special because it was also their 20th Anniversary celebration!


This was my collection last 2006 entitled "In Her Womb" inspired by the beautiful shape of motherhood. The theme for that year was "Shape of the New Future."

When I was asked to create a 10-pc capsule collection, I was very excited, but I didn't know which idea to present. I've done several collections ago, and this time, I wanted to create something different.

I took inspiration from the Circulatory System. I got inspired with veins, arteries, blood vessels, and capillaries. I wanted to achieve a look that's very sensual, strong, contemporary, and powerful.





I wish there will be future VJF brides who would ask me to do wedding gowns inspired by this collection. This idea can be translated to a beautiful wedding gown ;-) don't you agree? I remember one client told me the reason why she booked me. She loved my ideas and how I think. She said that in every collection I make, there's always a concept behind it, a story to tell.

Fashion is freedom. Everything is possible. ;-)



















Suki Salvador, MEGA Publishing Group, Executive Creative Director in VJF Man

Beautiful host of the night, Supermodel and MTV VJ, Sarah Meier in Veejay Floresca.

This collection is available ;-) To order, please message me at veejayfloresca@gmail.com or call my secretary, Miss Annie at +632-9194086.

Photos by Mark T. Dizon

Check out the complete photos on my Facebook.
Add me veejayfloresca@gmail.com

Fashion with love,

Veejay F. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment